Tag Archives: Christopher J. Corbally
Christopher J. Corbally, SJ, PhD. & Margaret Boone Rappaport, PhD.- A Grant and a Book… “Astronomy Skits for Secondary School Science Education”
Christopher J. Corbally, SJ, PhD (Vatican Observatory and University of Arizona) and Margaret Boone Rappaport, PhD (Cultural Anthropologist, Futurist, Science Fiction Novelist) – OUTSIDE THE BOX, INSIDE THE MATRIX
OUTSIDE THE BOX, INSIDE THE MATRIX
by Christopher J. Corbally, SJ, PhD (Vatican Observatory and University of Arizona) and Margaret Boone Rappaport, PhD (Cultural Anthropologist, Futurist, Science Fiction Novelist).
Five papers that Christopher J. Corbally, SJ.PhD. and Margaret Boone Rappaport, PhD. are writing will come together in a format for a non-fiction book aimed at a Young Adult (YA) audience. The working title of the upcoming book is OUTSIDE THE BOX, INSIDE THE MATRIX. It’ll be presented as a dialogue between priest-astronomer and anthropologist-biologist about human evolution and religion, science, and art. Should be fun!
They have titles for all five papers. All five will be presented at upcoming professional conferences.
(1) “Visible Supernovae in A.D. 1054, 2054, and 3054: Inspiration for the Religious and Artistic of the Past and Future”
(2) “Advanced Domains of Thought as a Wellspring of New Knowledge for Our Coming Global Society” at a Conference in Pasadena, 2013, on “Interdisciplinary Studies,” August, 2013.
(3) “Crossing the Latest Line: The Evolution of Religious Thought as a Component of Human Sentience”History.” At a conference in Moscow on “Big History.”
(4) “Kirk and Spock: The Sensibility of Sentience, Its History, and Our Expectations for Non-Terran Species” At a conference on “Humanity in the Cosmos,” Maui, 2014.
(5) “The Accelerating Evolution of Hominin Sentience: Balancing Emotion and Cognition in Science, Religion, and Art”
For more information contact Margaret Boone Rappaport at firstname.lastname@example.org