>> “MY VISIT TO THE WRITERS STUDIO WAS A REVELATION. Here, poets and writers draw lessons in craft and art from a spirited and rigorous exploration of writing that has moved them in some way. This is a decidedly inspired and inspiring way to help acquire and hone the skills needed to step into the abiding mysteries of the imaginations given to each of us. I highly recommend The Writers Studio!” —Andre Dubus III, New York Times best-selling author of Townie, and House of Sand and Fog, after his wonderful visit to The Writers Studio craft class. You can still sign up for the class and download the
>> SAVE THE DATE TO CELEBRATE THE SOUTHERN REVIEW. The Writers Studio celebrates the 80th Anniversary of The Southern Review with a reading of the following phenomenal writers: Jayne Anne Phillips, Karl Taro Greenfield, David Wojahn, Stephen Dunn, and Chloe Honum. The reading will occur on Friday, May 1 at 7 pm at The Strand Bookstore. Find out more.
>> JOIN IN ON A SPIRITED AND RIGOROUS EXPLORATION OF CRAFT, ART, AND WRITING!
Spring workshops are beginning today! Sign up as soon as possible; classes are filling up!
* Online Level I with Anamyn Turowski begins tomorrow, Wednesday, April 1. Register here.
* Online Level I with Rebecca Cooney begins Tuesday, April 7. Register here.
* Online Level I with Whitney Porter begins Thursday, April 30. Register here.
* Online Intermediate Poetry begins April 2. If you are a poet with an MFA, publications, or three workshops beyond the college level, write to email@example.com to apply for a spot.
* NYC Level I with Jennafer D’Alvia began Monday, March 30. Register here.
* NYC Level I with Elliot Satsky begins Monday, April 27. Register here.
* NJ Workshop with Doris Cheng begins Tuesday, April 28. Register here.
* Tucson Workshop starts April 2 and April 4. Register here.
* San Francisco Workshop starts April 1 and April 2. Register here.
* Amsterdam Workshop starts April 21 and April 22. Register here.
* Check out our complete calendar of classes.
>> SPECIAL OFFER FOR THE WRITERS STUDIO: Tony Award Winner The 39 Steps returns to NYC at The Union Square Theater. Special discount offer for Writers Studio writers: Click here or call 877-250-2929 and use code: LSP88. More details visit 39stepsny.com.
>> MORE WRITERS STUDIO WRITERS GET PUBLISHED. Eleanor Kedney’s poem “An Important Poem” are forthcoming from Cutthroat: A Journal of the Arts. Eleanor Kedney is the director of the Tucson branch of the Writers Studio where she teaches the Advanced Workshop. Sylvia Schwartz’ works of short fiction “Colorful Child” and “Thirteen Candles” as well as her poem “Final Call” are forthcoming in the April issue of The Rain, Party, & Disaster Society. Sylvia is a student in Therese Eiben’s Online Level IV class.
Tutorials are available for adults and teens. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to find the teacher who is best for you.