- THE OFF-ROAD MAP FOR THE OFF-ROAD MOM
by Andrea Melendez
- Rebellion Press Books for Rebels with a Cause Our first book is out now!
- Rebel Moms: The Off-Road Map for the Off-Road Mom.
- Get the book here: http://www.rebellionpress.com/rebel-moms or … http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/Products/SKU-000456994/Rebel-Moms.aspx
- Modern motherhood has changed; it isn’t just frilly aprons, mini-vans, and soccer practice anymore. You are a modern mom—a rebel mom—ready to raise your kids while running a successful business, starting a band, or finding your voice, while doing the things you love and fighting for what’s right. Even so, the path to epic mom rebellion is not always easy. Meet the women who have seen, conquered, and survived—making a difference, doing things their own way and on their own terms. They are activists, teachers, veterans, firefighters, pin-ups, fast food workers, tattoo artists, and more.
- A rebel mom has no set definition beyond her tendency to elude definition. These women, from varying places and backgrounds, have seen it all: divorce, abuse, depression, and disability. They have succeeded and raised children with tough grins on their faces. Are you a new or expecting mother? Are you a mother who’s fed up with the super-mom/super-woman myth? Or are you a pro who’s been there and done that, but would still love to learn from other rebel moms? It’s never too late to learn a new trick, and motherhood is never the same for anyone.
- Cultures change, as do child-rearing practices, but certain aspects of being a mom are universal and timeless—love, support, and strength. The rebel moms have mastered the art of motherhood, and you can embrace the revolution.
- Order the book here: http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/Products/SKU-000456994/Rebel-Moms.aspx or at: Amazon.com, or Barnes&Noble.com.
- Real Mothering, Real Womanhood, Real Rebel Moms! Rebel Moms Review written by Andrea Melendez: “Rebel Moms is a thoroughly comprehensive view of very real kick-ass mothers; holding nothing back as it traces how our pasts have shaped our presents and how these incredible women are shaping the futures of us all. It is real and raw and beautiful; where the words echo from coast to coast, profession to occupation, skin tone to skin tone… re-writing history and peeling back the façade of ages.”
- Rebel Moms Review written by Blaire: “After setting a plan to read one story here and there and not all of the Moms stories in one sitting- I failed! These real-life stories of all these RAD moms and their trials and tribulations with life just make you want more and more and more. Coming from my own struggle with being a single mom-to see I am not alone in this quest- gives me motivation to carry on. I love it! What a brilliant and awesome book!”
- Rebel Moms Review written by Jesse Wilson: Rebel Moms: The Off-Road Map for the Off-Road Mom (Hardcover) “As a father, I’ve seen firsthand the strength and resilience that mothers, especially in the “sub” or “counter” cultures, display daily in a world that marginalizes and discards them. Even within our own “scene,” these fierce matriarchs are rarely given the respect they deserve. Then, like a Valkyrian warcry, this tome of maternal insight blazed into existence; a phoenix rising from the ashes of society’s most under-defended victim, the counter-culture mother. It’s so awesome to read struggles and triumphs that mirror those of the great women and realist mothers I’ve seen within my own peer group. Their voices have been buried too long beneath the mass of soccer moms and parents who are barely alive themselves so impart nothing more on their children than a desire to conform, be productive and spawn more gibbering clones. The ladies the author has gathered have real stories to tell. Thoughtful stories. Independence inspiring stories. They teach their children to be individuals and remain individuals themselves. In a world where parenting books normally tell you how to define your life by your children, this eye opening wonder reveals how these women kept their individuality and used it to teach their children to define their own lives. Simply perfect. And, long, long overdue.”
- Rebel Moms Review written by Leah Drichel the Bloomington Roller Derby Examiner: “In the current political climate, with the Occupy Movement, and people across the globe beginning to take a stand for what they believe in, Davina Rhine has produced a timely and poignant piece of work that communicates to mothers that it’s perfectly OK (beautiful, even!) to be who you are and to believe what you believe and to model this for your children. In the average day, a Mom can fight a soul-wearying battle with Judgment and Guilt, but Ms. Rhine’s work frees a mother from this burden, by showcasing real-life moms that are “off the beaten path”. Truly refreshing. Truly encouraging.”
ALL ABOUT ARIZONA
by Susan M. Ballard
Susan M. Ballard is proud to announce her second non-fiction book, titled ALL ABOUT ARIZONA, released by Goose Flats Publishing, Tombstone, Arizona. ALL ABOUT ARIZONA is a collection of previously published newspaper and magazine articles documenting some of the most important people, places, and events in the history of the state. ALL ABOUT ARIZONA also includes light-hearted pieces and informational articles told in a manner certain to interest and entertain the reader. ALL ABOUT ARIZONA is available in Sierra Vista at Hastings, in Pearce at The Prickly Pear Emporium, through the publisher at http://www.gooseflats.com and through Susan’s website at http://www.smballard.com. Price $9.99.
Taken from THE WRITE WORD, the newsletter of The Society of Southwestern Authors Vol. 42. No. 1. February/March 2013