Daily Archives: August 21, 2010
The Society of Southwestern Authors- Meet Faculty Members Steven M. Adelson, Roger McBride Allen & Patricia L. Brooks at the 2010 Wrangling With Writing Conference
Meet Faculty Members Steven M. Adelson, Roger McBride Allen & Patricia L. Brooks at the 2010 Wrangling With Writing Conference
Steven M. Adelson: writer, researcher
Robert MacBride Allen: science fiction author
Patricia L. Brooks: inspirational speaker
See you in Tucson, Arizona Saturday Sept. 24-26, 2010 at the Wrangling with Writing Conference
For more information go to www.ssa-az.org/WranglingWithWriting
If you want to keep your writing momentum going, your next step could be Creative Writing Stage 2 with the amazing Pamela Freeman (author of 21 books!). This course is just for graduates of Creative Writing Stage 1 and Writing Books for Children.
It’s going to build on what you’ve learnt but go into much more depth when it comes to creating your characters and structuring your story. If you’d like to start a short story or improve on the skills you’ve learnt so far, this is the course for you. Each week, you’ll focus on different tools and techniques to help make your creative writing shine.
- how to find, create or extend your main characters and how to place them within a world of believable minor characters
- how to make similar characters distinct on the page – what is your character’s ‘journey’?
- structuring your story
- climax and resolution: how these shape the final story – and how to write them!
- the principles of scene development: dialogue, pacing, the manipulation of time, character interaction, management of exposition
- the right process of structural editing, copy-editing and proof reading, using examples from both published and student work
- and much more
Creative Writing Stage 2 with Pamela Freeman
When: Tuesdays starting Tuesday 31 August 2010 for five weeks
Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
Click here for more information or to enrol online.